Update Your Mother’s Wedding Gown
One of our specialties is Re-Creating heirloom wedding gowns. This is a truly special opportunity to honor your lineage and dear departed grandmothers. There is sacred history in these stitches, and working with them is our greatest honor!
We’ve worked with these special gowns for 13 years, and in that time re-created hundreds of heirloom gowns, even some from the 1800’s!
We Breath New Life into Old Dresses!
Have a Special Dress?
1. Get it Out- Have fun trying it on, and keep in mind that if it doesn’t fit, that’s okay… We will be able to work with it! Unbox it so it can hang (contact us for a bridal gown bag if needed!). Don’t worry about cleaning it just yet!
2. Schedule A Consultation- During this meeting we’ll talk about your tastes, your gown vision, and discuss the possibilities.
We’ll present you with options to rework your gown, pin alterations, and sketch custom options.
We’ll collaborate to determine the best solutions for you and price the changes. Costs depend on your individual gown’s construction and the alterations needed, and can range from $250 – $1,500.
3. We get to work- We’ll sew your dress with love and take good care of it, always storing it in a bridal bag. We’ll also be sure to save every little bit of your special dress!
4. Fittings- You’ll have several fittings where we will sculpt the gown around you, and collaborate until it’s wedding-ready!
5. Wear it, you beautifully vintage clad bride!
IDEAS TO MODERNIZE:
Creative Ideas to Transform your Gown:
- Remove Sleeves- This can instantly lighten up a dated look, and generally do this during the first meeting.
- Change the Neckline– Consider making the neckline in front lower, or opening up the back into a V, Keyhole, or scoop back.
- Change the Waist- Adding a beaded belt to the natural waist will accentuate the smallest part of your figure, we can also remove or obscure V-waists!
- Poof- Remove netting from under the dress for narrower silhouette. Or, add some colored tulle under the gown for fun!
- Add Texture- Lace is an great addition to add depth and romance.
If a gown is too tight on you, there are many options!
We can always make you a Custom Gown bodice or skirt to combine with your heirloom one!
Vintage veils can also be altered, and scraps from your dress, veil, or other heirloom fabric can be used to create hair-flowers or accent a birdcage veil.
Note: Designing your dress around an existing gown provides some design limitations due to the existing cut and materials present.